All the material may not be important for cyclic count purpose, it may be required to count
some items frequently and some items rarely.
A cyclic count indicator A or B or C or D is allocated to material in the material master
based on either consumption value (consumption X rate) or forecast value
(forecast quantity X rate).
The item with more consumption value are classified as A, and with minimum as D.
“A” indicator items will be counted frequently (say every month), D will be less frequently
(say every 6 months or every one year). Daily a number of items will be taken for count, some
may be with A indicator, some with B and so on.
Mark all materials that are to be included in cycle counting with a cycle counting indicator
in the material master record (storage data). The cycle counting indicator is used to group
the materials together into various cycle counting categories (for example, A, B, C, and D).
There is an option in SAP to have a fixed indicator for a material say A for a material which
does not have a high consumption value but it is important to count it every month, then the
material can be marked as A indicator in material master with indicator “fixed”
In Customizing OMCO, for Inventory Management, you can define for each category the time
intervals at which the materials are to be counted.
Fields : No. of phys. inventories per fiscal year for cycle counting
For e.g. A - 12, B - 6, C - 3, D - 1
Specifies how often during the fiscal year a physical inventory is to be carried out for a
material subject to cycle counting.
The system uses this specification to convert the count interval into workdays.
Fields : Physical inventory interval (in workdays) for cycle counting
For e.g. A = 12 times per year and your Total Factory Calendar days = 300
The interval will be calculated as 300 / 12 = 25 days
Specifies after how many workdays following the last inventory count another physical
inventory has to be carried out for a given material.
The count interval is determined automatically on the basis of the number of physical
inventories specified for the fiscal year.
Fields : Float time (in workdays) for cycle counting
For e.g. A - 10, B - 20, C - 30, D - 0
Indicates the number of workdays by which the planned count date may vary from the current
For examples :-
For the plant, the float time is five days.
A physical inventory has been planned for a material belonging to category C for June, 1.
On expiration of the float time (after June, 6), the physical inventory has not yet been
Irrespective of the category, the material is parked for the next cycle counting run.
Fields :- Percentage of performance measure for cycle counting ind.
Specifies the percentage allocation of the materials to the individual cycle counting
The percentage value is used for automatic assignment of the cycle counting indicator.
For example :-
In the given plant, 200 materials are subject to the cycle counting physical inventory
In Customizing for Inventory Management, the following percentage allocation has been defined
for the plant:
A materials: 50%
B materials: 25%
C materials: 15%
D materials: 10%
In the cycle counting analysis, the materials are sorted by consumption. After completion
of the analysis, the cycle counting indicator is assigned as follows:
The first 3 materials (sorted in descending order according to consumption) represent 50% of
the consumption and have the indicator A.
The next 12 materials represent 25% of the consumption and have the indicator B.
The next 49 materials represent 15% of the consumption and have the indicator C.
The remaining 136 materials represent the rest (10%) of the consumption and have the
You can use the program ABC Cycle Counting Analysis (MIBC - RMCBIN00) to perform an analysis.
In this analysis, the system assigns the materials to the individual categories according to
consumption or requirements (forecasts).
You can also specify whether this analysis is to consider only the materials with cycle
counting indicator or all materials. The cycle counting indicator in the material master
records can be updated automatically by this program.
Marking Materials for Cycle Counting
This step is only required if you perform cycle counting for the first time or if you want
to update the cycle counting indicators.
In the material master record (storage data), maintain the cycle counting indicator for all
the materials that are to be included in cycle counting.
You can set the indicator in one of the following two ways:
1. manually in the material master record. To do this, choose
Material -> Change from the Material Master menu.
2. automatically using ABC analysis To do this, choose
Special procedures -> Cycle counting -> Set CC indicator from the Physical Inventory menu.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
- SAP Creating The Stock Transfer Order
- Difference for Stock Transfer and Transfer Posting...
- SAP Process Of Imported Material With Excise
- SAP Re-Open The Previous Period
- SAP Movement Error - Posting Only Possible Between...
- Allow/Disallowed Backposting of Inventory Posting
- SAP Automate the opening of MM periods
- Difference Between Cancellation and Reversal
- SAP MBST: Reversal of cleared items in FI
- SAP Valuation Category
- SAP What is A, B, C and D Indicator for a material...
- SAP Physical Inventory Process
- SAP Physical Inventory Item Class
- SAP Planned Delivery Time as Workdays
- Variances between material and account of stock wh...
- SAP Inventory Beginning Balances
- SAP Setting Cross-company transaction
- SAP MM Process Flow
- MM Change Base Unit of Measure using
- SAP Mass Change Material Group In Materials Master...
- Configuration How to do? SAP MM
- My Certification Experience SAP MM
- SAP Material Management MCQ MM
- General Test of Knowledge SAP MM
- Self Test Questions SAP MM
- Sample Questions for Materials Management SAP MM
- mySAP Certification - Criteria For Application
- SAP MM Basic Functions
- SAP MM Consignment
- SAP MM Solution Manager
- SAP MM Difference between Client , Purchasing Org ...
- MM Inventory - Allow Negative stocks
- SAP Maintain the user default settings when creati...
- SAP MM - Controlling the Fields in Material Master...
- SAP Control the Output Format of your Material Num...
- SAP Control the Number Range Intervals for Materia...
- SAP One Storage Location for Two Different Plant M...
- SAP Creation of same Material Code in Different Co...
- SAP Functional Split Valuation for Materials
- SAP Price Control V or S in material type
- SAP Changing the Material Valuation Types MM Archi...
- SAP Deletion of Info Record
- SAP Deletion of Vendor Consignment Records
- SAP - How to use "me98" to delete PO from system c...
- SAP Meaning of Archiving Residence Time
- Report to display 12 weeks forecast, Yesterday Sto...
- Mass Select and Print Material Master Changed Hist...
- Functional Purchase Order History Mass Display
- Total number of Purchasing Documents by Purchasing...
- Auto Disallowed Back Posting to Previous Period
- SAP Conventional Versus Logistic Invoice Verificat...
- SAP Important Accounts for Invoice Verification
- SAP No tax information during consignment Settleme...
- Consignment Process - Settlement
- SAP Use of Invoice Plan in SAP
- SAP Functional LIS - Wrong figures in Logistics In...
- SAP List of standard Reports in MM
- SAP Project Status set to TECO
- SAP List of RA caculated values
- SAP - Stop Commitments Before Release Of Projects
- What is WBS element?
- SAP Aggregate POC Calculation
- SAP Dynamic Selection on Report Not Working
- SAP PS Substitutions
- SAP Progress Analysis to measure EVA
- SAP Functional Sequence Of Operations To Get EVA
- SAP Milestones
- SAP Functional Project profile
- SAP Capacity Planning in PS module; Calendar like ...
- SAP Project System Status -Deletion Flag Active
- SAP Functional Customizing Picking Output
- Functional SAP WMS - Decentralized Warehouse Manag...
- Functional Avoiding delivery creation when items q...
- Functional Exclude inventory in Storage Locations ...
- Functional Checking Fields with Incompletion proce...
- Adding additional fields to Delivery Due List Func...
- Set the default start variant for VL10 Functional
- Set the number range for Deliveries Functional
- HR Interview Questions Frequently Asked Functional...
- Functional Free Download SAP Online Books Help in ...
- ▼ October (80)